Banana Pi BPI-A-012 AD/DA expansion module
The DA/AD module is specifically designed for the Banana Pi. It communicates with the Banana Pi through the I2C bus. There is an LED light on the board whose brightness can be adjusted through DA. The module supplies 4 ADC channels through the header on the left side of the module and a thermistor interface. Users can choose according to their actual demands. The module is easy to use even if you don’t know to write C code because the module supports wiringPi, so you can use shell script to control it.
- PCF8591T chip
- DA/AD in one module
- 8-bit high resolution DA/AD
- Compatible with wiringPi
- Supplies thermistor and photoresistance
- Banana Pi connection port，can also be used on a Raspberry Pi
- 4 external analog channels
- Electric level switch jumper
- LED of DA choice jumper
- Working voltage: 2.5 - 6.0 V
- 8-bit successive approximation A/D conversion
- Multiplying DAC with one analog output
- Analog voltage range from Vss to VDD
- 4 analog inputs configurable as single ended or differential inputs
- Max. sampling rate given by I2C bus speed
- Temperature range: −40°C to +85°C operation
- Supply monitoring
- Reference setting
- Analog control loop
The PCF8591 is a single-chip, single-supply low-power 8-bit CMOS data acquisition device with four analog inputs, one analog output and a serial I2C bus interface. Three address pins A0, A1 and A2 are used for programming the hardware address, allowing the use of up to eight devices connected to the I2C bus without additional hardware.
Address, control and data to and from the device are transferred serially via the two-line bidirectional I2C bus. The functions of the device include analog input multiplexing, on-chip track and hold function, 8-bit analog-to-digital conversion and an 8-bit digital-to-analog conversion. The maximum conversion rate is given by the maximum speed of the I2C bus.