Ubiquiti AF-11FX - Licensed Backhaul Radio
Ubiquiti Networks continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary technology at breakthrough pricing by introducing the airFiber® AF‑11FX, a radio purpose-built for outdoor PtP bridging and carrier-class network backhauls using the licensed 11 GHz radio band.
The AF‑11FX breaks free from the congested 5 GHz band to help meet the growing need for broadband capacity. For maximum flexibility, the airFiber AF‑11FX works with the Ubiquiti® AF-11G35 antenna, or with most third-party antennas using an optional adapter kit (not included).
The AF-11FX gives exceptional performance compared to other 11 GHz radios in its price range. Unlike other products that use adaptations of Wi-Fi-based designs, the AF-11FX is specially engineered for the 11 GHz band, with a custom modem and radio design optimized for the efficient transport of data. Specific advantages of the AF‑11FX include:
- True full-duplex design: The AF‑11FX offers a true FDD solution that fully satisfies all licensing requirements for the 11 GHz band.
- Ultra-low latency: Overall customer experience and system capacity are enhanced with FDD performance.
- Enhanced robustness: The AF‑11FX features a unique, built-in, rain-fade mitigation strategy for increased link robustness.
- Extended range: The RF power amplifiers feature a unique bias scheme, allowing high-order constellations at longer ranges.
The airFiber AF‑11FX can use single (SISO) or bonded (MIMO)* channels, depending on your specific licensing requirements. The AF‑11FX also features different channel width sizes to suit your deployment needs, and you can independently configure TX and RX channel frequencies.
The AF-11FX features a unique modular duplexer design to suit multiple frequency configurations. Each AF-11FX radio can be configured to support any allowable frequency by simply changing the duplexers (sold separately) for high‑band or low‑band use in the 10.7 - 11.7 GHz allocation. Each duplexer has a low channel and a high channel that can be configured by simply reversing the position of the duplexer.
Highest Performance Value
The compact AF-11FX supports high-order constellations – up to 1024QAM – allowing it to deliver the greatest spectral efficiency in its class.
- Dimensions: 327 x 112 x 86 mm (12.87 x 4.41 x 3.39")
- Weight: 2.260 kg (5 lb)
- RF connectors:
- (4) SMA weatherproof: TX 0, RX 0 (chain 0) and TX 1, RX 1 (chain 1)
- (2) N-type waterproof, one per duplexer
- Power supply: 50 V DC, 1.2 A PoE Gigabit adapter (included)
- Power method:
- Passive Power over Ethernet: Pins 1, 2, 4, 5 (+) and pins 7, 8, 3, 6 (-)
- DC power block
- Max. power consumption: 36 W
- Supported voltage range: 38-56 V DC
- Automatic transmit power control (ATPC): Yes
- Integrated pole mount included
- Oversized rocket mount compatible
- (8) Status LEDs: Data port link/activity, management port link/activity, MIMO mode, RF link
- (4) Autoscaling signal strength bar graph
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 55°C (-40°F to 131°F)
- Certifications: CE, FCC, IC
- Data port: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- Management port: (1) 10/100 Ethernet port
- Processor: INVICTUS 2 IC
- Maximum throughput: 1.2+ Gbps
- Maximum range: 300+ km
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- OS: airOS® F
- Wireless modes: SISO/MIMO
- Full duplex mode: <200 μs at full throughput
- MTU (maximum transmission unit): Up to 9600
- Frequency range: 10.7-11.7 GHz
- Max. conducted TX power: 30 dBm (dependent on regulatory region)
- Frequency accuracy: ± 2.0 ppm
- Channel bandwidth: 3.5/5/7/10/14/20/28/30/40/50/56 MHz selectable