Ubiquiti AF-5XHD - airFiber 5XHD, 5 GHz Carrier Radio with LTU™ Technology
- Up to 1 Gbps real throughput, up to 100 km range
- Full-band certification including DFS
- Ubiquiti’s LTU™ custom silicon
Ubiquiti Networks continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary technology at breakthrough pricing by introducing the airFiber® AF-5XHD. Designed for use in the 5 GHz frequency band, the AF‑5XHD features the newest radio technology, offering greater channel bandwidths (up to 100 MHz) and more advanced RF components.
The AF‑5XHD is also compatible with a number of existing Ubiquiti® antennas for the 5 GHz band, including airFiber X antennas and certain RocketDish™ antennas. Pair the AF‑5XHD with a compatible Ubiquiti antenna for a complete 5 GHz Point-to-Point (PtP) solution.
The AF‑5XHD also includes a special IP67 upgrade kit for enhanced protection from dust and water.
Engineered for Performance
Ubiquiti’s custom silicon and proprietary radio architecture are designed specifically for long‑distance, outdoor wireless applications.
The core communications processing engine surpasses all of the limitations inherent to generic Wi‑Fi chips to provide superior performance, long‑range capability, DFS flexibility, higher constellations, and power output, along with better receive sensitivity.
The AF‑5XHD features industry‑leading 10.6 bps/Hz spectral efficiency, line-rate data packet processing for up to 1 Gbps of real data throughput, and innovative xtreme Range Technology (xRT™) for up to 100 km in range.
- Dimensions: 224 x 82 x 48 mm (8.82 x 3.23 x 1.89")
- Weight: 0.35 kg (12.3 oz)
- RF connectors:
- (2) RP-SMA weatherproof (CH0, CH1)
- (1) SMA weatherproof (GPS)
- GPS antenna: External, magnetic base
- Power supply: 24 V, 1 A Gigabit PoE adapter (included)
- Power method: Passive Power over Ethernet; pins 1, 2, 4, 5 (+) and pins 7, 8, 3, 6 (-)
- Max. power consumption: 6 - 12 W
- Supported voltage range: 24 - 50 V DC
- airFiber X mount (Rocket mount compatible)
- GPS pole mount (included)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 55°C (-40°F to 131°F)
- IP rating: IP67
- Certifications: CE, FCC, IC
- Networking interface:
- Data port: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- Management port: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- Processor: airFiber LTU IC
- Maximum throughput: 1 Gbps
- Maximum range: 100 km
- Packets per second: 2+ million
- Encryption: WPA2-PSK (AES)
- OS: airFiber-airOS 8
- Wireless modes: AP/CPE
- Frequency range: 4.8 - 6.2 GHz (dependent on regulatory region)
- Max. conducted TX power: 29 dBm (dependent on regulatory region)
- Frequency accuracy: <2 ppm
- Channel bandwidth:
- 10/20/30/40/50/60/80/100 MHz selectable
- Programmable uplink and downlink duty cycles