Ubiquiti RP-5AC-Gen2 - 5 GHz Rocket AC, PRISM, Gen2
Ubiquiti Networks has designed airMAX ac radios with high performance and ease of installation in mind. The Rocket®Prism 5AC Gen 2 features both airMAX ac and airPrism technologies for maximum wireless performance in high‑density areas.
Pair the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 with airMAX ac antennas for optimal performance:
- PtP backhaul RocketDish™ ac Antenna
- PtMP links airMAX ac Sector
Worldwide 5 GHz Coverage
Deploy the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 anywhere in the world. It delivers complete coverage of the 5 GHz spectrum with a single radio. The Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 allows for flexibility in configuring channel bandwidths (subject to local country regulations).
airOS® 8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti® airMAX ac products.
U Mobile App
The RocketPrism 5AC Gen 2 integrates a separate Wi-Fi radio for fast and easy setup using your mobile device.
Accessing airOS via Wi-Fi
The U ®Mobile App provides instant accessibility to the airOS configuration interface and can be downloaded from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play™ (Android). U Mobile allows you to set up, configure, and manage the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 and offers various configuration options once you’re connected or logged in.
The Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 is designed to deliver maximum spectral efficiency and up to 500+ Mbps Real TCP/IP throughput.
5 GHz Frequency Band With plenty of available spectrum, this unlicensed band works well for long‑distance links. The Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 features full-band 5 GHz coverage and maximizes output power for the US market, meeting strict OOBE requirements.
- airView Use the real-time spectrum analyzer so you can identify noise signatures and design your wireless links to minimize noise interference.
- High Performance To take full advantage of its design and capabilities, deploy the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 for PtP or PtMP links in high RF noise environments.
- airPrism Sector Antenna You can mount three Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 radios on the airPrism 5 GHz 3x30° HD Sector Antenna, model AP‑5AC‑90‑HD, for PtMP links. Each Rocket radio corresponds with a specific 30° beamwidth and independently transmits and receives.
- Dedicated Management Radio Access the airOS configuration interface instantly through the U Mobile app to set up and manage your Rocket 5AC Prism Gen 2.
- Robust Die Cast Aluminum Casing Helps protect the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 against electromagnetic interference.
- GPS for Superior Co-Location Performance Precise GPS frame synchronization enable co-located Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 radios to transmit and receive data without interfering with each other, allowing for better frequency reuse and increased network stability.
- Improved Surge Protection The Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 utilizes the latest ESD protection to help protect against power surges.
- Gigabit Ethernet Delivers high throughput over its wired connection.
- Plug and Play Every airMAX antenna has a built-in Rocket mount, so no tools are needed to install the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2. (airMAX ac antennas are recommended for optimal performance.)
- Dimensions: 88 x 40 x 230 mm (3.47 x 1.58 x 9.06")
- Weight: 400 g (14.11 oz)
- Networking Interface: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port
- RF Connectors: (2) RP-SMA (Waterproof ), (1) GPS* (Waterproof )
- LEDs: (4) Signal Strength, GPS*, Power, LAN
- Enclosure: Die-Cast Aluminum with White Powder Coating
- Max. Power Consumption: 9.5W
- Power Supply: 24V, 1A Gigabit PoE Adapter (Included)
- Power Method: Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return)
- Processor Specs: Atheros MIPS 74Kc
- Memory: 128 MB DDR2 SDRAM
- Supported Voltage Range: 18-26VDC
- Signal Strength LEDs: Software-Adjustable to Correspond to Custom RSSI Levels
- Channel Sizes:
- PtP Mode: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
- PtMP Mode: 10/20/30/40 MHz
- ESD/EMP Protection: ± 24 kV Contact / Air for Ethernet
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 80° C (-40 to 176° F)
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% Noncondensing
- RoHS Compliance: Yes
- Shock and Vibration: ETSI300-019-1.4
- Modes: Access Point, Station
- Services: Web Server, SNMP, SSH Server, Telnet , Ping Watchdog, DHCP, NAT, Bridging, Routing
- Security: WPA2 AES Only
- Ubiquiti Specific Features: 30/50/60 MHz Channels, airMAX ac Mode, Traffic Shaping with Burst Support, Discovery Protocol, Frequency Band Offset, Ackless Mode
- Certifications: CE, FCC, IC