Ubiquiti INS-3AF-I-G - Indoor Gigabit PoE Converter
- Transforms PoE devices into 802.3af-compliant products
- Faster throughput speeds using Gigabit Ethernet
- Works with 802.3af switches for remote control power applications
The Instant 802.3af Gigabit PoE Converter transforms almost any Ubiquiti® PoE (Power over Ethernet) device into a fully compliant, 802.3af‑compatible product.
The Instant 802.3af Gigabit PoE Converter works with 10/100/1000 Mbps ports to deliver high throughput speeds over its wired connection.
PoE Switch Compatibility
The Instant 802.3af Gigabit PoE Converter integrates seamlessly with a variety of auto‑sensing 802.3af PoE switches for remote power control applications. As you manage and monitor your network, you can conveniently power or power cycle your remote devices using your 802.3af switch. For ease of power management, you can centralize the 802.3af switch and power source, and you can include a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) as a backup. This way your network continues to run even during a temporary power outage.
Available in both indoor and outdoor versions, the Instant 802.3af Gigabit PoE Converter is compatible with most Ubiquiti PoE devices* using 100 Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet ports. Compatible products include airMAX® and UniFi® devices.
Longer Cable Runs
High voltage carries power more efficiently (using less current) than low voltage. The Instant 802.3af Gigabit PoE Converter enables longer cable runs due to a more efficient power delivery – so your products can get the power they require even when they are located far from the 802.3af switch.
The Instant 802.3af Gigabit PoE Converter provides an additional ±15kV of Ethernet isolation for built‑in protection that lessens the risk of ESD or surge damage to your devices.
* Check product specifications to verify voltage compatibility.
- Model: INS‑3AF‑I‑G
- Dimensions: Ø 30.26 x 95.5 mm (Ø 1.19 x 3.76")
- Weight: 50 g (1.76 oz)
- Networking interface:
- PoE In (802.3af): (1) Gigabit RJ45 port
- PoE Out (24 V Passive): (1) Gigabit RJ45 port
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
- Power input: 48 V, 802.3af
- Max. power output: 24 V, 0.5 A
- Power method: 24V Passive PoE (pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 return)
- Ethernet ESD/surge protection: ±15 kV