Ubiquiti AF-5X - airFiber X, 5 GHz Carrier Backhaul Radio
plus shipping costs
Ubiquiti Networks airFiber X - 5 GHz Carrier Backhaul Radio
- Model: AF-5X
- Up to 500+ Mbps Real Throughput, Up to 200+ km Range
- Full-Band Certification including DFS
- Ubiquitis INVICTUS(TM) Custom Silicon
Ubiquiti Networks continues to disrupt the wireless broadband market with revolutionary technology at breakthrough pricing by introducing airFiber(R) X, a modular airFiber radio system that will serve a wide range of frequencies and is designed to be compatible with a variety of Ubiquiti(R) antennas. Building upon the proven design of the airMAX(R) Rocket(TM) system, airFiber X allows you to customize airFiber backhaul links or upgrade existing Rocket PointtoPoint (PtP) links. The first airFiber X model is the AF5X model for use in the 5 GHz frequency band.
Engineered for Performance
Ubiquitis INVICTUS(TM) custom silicon and proprietary radio architecture are designed specifically for longdistance, outdoor wireless applications. Our INVICTUS core communications processing engine surpasses all of the limitations inherent to generic WiFi chips to provide superior performance, longrange capability, DFS flexibility, and power output.
The AF5X features industryleading 10.6 bps/Hz spectral efficiency, linerate data packet processing for up to 500+ Mbps of real data throughput, and innovative xtreme Range Technology (xRT(TM)) for up to 200+ km in range.
5 GHz Backhaul
Full-Band Certification with DFS
The AF5X covers the entire, licensefree, 5 GHz spectrum and includes DFS approval. Anyone around the world can deploy and operate the AF5X in the 5 GHz range practically anywhere they choose (subject to local country regulations).
Optimal Operation in Unlicensed Bands
Channel width flexibility (10/20/30/40/50 MHz) allows independent TX and RX channel frequency configurations anywhere within the radio band to avoid local interference, and the channel centers are selectable in 1 MHz increments. You also have the ability to program different uplink and downlink duty cycles to support asymmetric traffic requirements.
Ultra-Low Latency with HDD Technology
The AF5X is designed to provide the highest TDD throughput available and is engineered with proprietary Hybrid Division Duplexing (HDD) technology. In a backhaul link, two AF5X radios use patentpending HDD technology to calculate the propagation delay and know when each radio can transmit and receive, so they send packets in precise synchronization. Packet transmission latency is virtually eliminated.
Colocation is vital in many scenarios. For example, a WISP may have limited tower space, so it must colocate all equipment within that allotted footprint.
Precise GPS frame synchronization frees the AF5X from interference for superior colocation capability. GPS enables the concurrency of TX and RX frames so you can colocate the AF5X radios and enhance the overall performance of your backhaul links.
Clean Power Output
Using digital predistortion compensation and multiIFFT processing, the innovative RF design delivers ultraclean power output that improves noise immunity and colocation performance. This reduces the potential impact on the RF noise environment and allows for the use of higherorder modulation, such as 256QAM.
The AF5X supports +/- 45° slant polarization for improved noise immunity and SignaltoNoise Ratio (SNR). It is compatible with multiple Ubiquiti antennas offering gain of 23 to 34 dBi. The compact form factor of the AF5X allows it to fit into the radio mount of Ubiquiti antennas, so installation requires no special tools.
The airFiber X antennas are purposebuilt with 45° slant polarity for seamless integration with the AF5X. Pair the AF5X with one of the following airFiber X antennas:
- AF5G23S45: The AF5G23S45 offers 23 dBi of gain in a 378mm diameter size.
- AF5G30S45: The AF-5G30S45 offers 30 dBi of gain in a 650mmdiameter size.
- AF5G34S45: The AF5G34-S45 offers 34 dBi of gain in a 1050mmdiameter size.
You can also pair the AF5X with one of the following RocketDish(TM) antennas by using a kit to convert the RocketDish to 45° slant polarity.
- RD5G30: The RD5G30 offers 30 dBi of gain in a 650mm diameter size.
- RD5G34: The RD5G34 offers 34 dBi of gain in a 1050mm diameter size.
The 5 GHz RocketDish to airFiber Antenna Conversion Kit converts the RocketDish RD5G30 or RD5G34 antenna for use with the AF5X.
- Dimensions: 224 x 82 x 48 mm (8.82 x 3.23 x 1.89")
- Weight: 0.35 kg (0.77 lb)
- RF Connectors: (2) RPSMA Weatherproof (CH0, CH1), (1) SMA Weatherproof (GPS)
- GPS Antenna: External, Magnetic Base
- Power Supply: 24V, 1A PoE Gigabit Adapter (Included)
- Power Method: Passive Power over Ethernet
- Mounting: airFiber X Mount (Rocket Mount Compatible), GPS Pole Mount (Included)
- Certifications: DFS Certified, FCC Part 15.407, CE EN 302502 v1.2.1, EN 301 893 v1.7.1
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 55° C (40 to 131° F)
- Data Port: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port
- Management Port: (1) 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Processor: INVICTUS IC
- Maximum Throughput: 500+ Mbps
- Maximum Range: 200+ km
- Encryption: 128bit AES
- OS: airOS F
- Wireless Modes: Master/Slave
- Operating Frequency: 51505925 MHz (Dependent on Regulatory Region)
- Max. Conducted TX Power: 26 dBm (Dependent on Regulatory Region)
- Frequency Accuracy:
- +/- 2.5 ppm without GPS Synchronization
- +/- 0.2 ppm with GPS Synchronization
- Channel Bandwidth:
- 10/20/30/40/50 MHz Selectable
- Programmable Uplink and Downlink Duty Cycles